Last week, Councilwoman Adrienne Adams unveiled the winning proposals for the district’s first participatory budgeting cycle.
In total, Adams allocated $1.353 million for the seven top vote-getters.
Here are the winning projects:
- Technology upgrades for PS 48, PS 55, PS 161, MS 72 and MS 332 ($175,000)
- Bathroom renovations at PS 40, PS 45 and PS 80 ($400,000)
- Water fountains with bottle refill at JHS 226 and PS 55 ($48,000)
- Five real-time rider information at bus stops ($200,000)
- Technology upgrades for Baisley and Rochdale libraries ($160,000)
- Technology upgrades for Lefferts and South Ozone Park libraries ($170,000)
- Renovation of student lounge at Richmond Hill High School ($200,000)
Congratulations to all of the winners!