Resorts World Casino NYC has had quite a year.
The casino broke ground on a $400 million expansion project, unveiled a new gaming space with more than 330 games and generated more than $2 billion in revenue for New York’s Lottery education fund.
Other accomplishments include large contributions to local charities and partnerships with community organizations.
Let’s take a closer look:
- Resorts World’s $400 million expansion includes a new 400-room, four-star hotel with five-star suites, fine dining restaurants, new retail stores and a new arrival space for guests.
- The new gaming space on Resorts World’s third floor, Central Park, has an additional 336 video lottery terminals and electronic table games.
- Since 2011, Resorts World has contributed $2,079,037,190 to six New York City public schools. Resorts World contributes 70% of its total revenue to New York state and the horse racing industry, with 44% going directly to the education fund. That allows the city and state to hire 37,000 new teachers and supply 27 million textbooks.
- Some of Resorts World’s partnerships and charity work include:
- A winter coat drive with New York Cares
- $20,000 donation to Citymeals on Wheels
- Supporting Jamaica Hospital Medical Center’s annual Rainbow Ball
- $10,000 donation to the Boys Scouts of America-Queens Council
- Hosting a job fair with State Senator Joseph Addabbo
- Participating in 106th Precinct’s National Night Out
- $10,000 to York College
- Partnering with American Italian Cancer Foundation for its mobile care clinic.